1. Full Name:
2. Spouse's Name:
3. List all others living in household, with ages:
(this means children and any on the way, other adults, ANY OTHER PEOPLE LIVING in your house
... LIST THEM HERE)
4. Physical Address:
6. Your phone number (with area code):
7. Work phone: (with area code):
8. Cell phone: (with area code):
9. Your Occupation:
10.Name of Employer:
11.Can you tell us your experience with Giants? Be specific!
12. Breeders name?
13. Breeders contact info?
14. Can you tell us your experience with dogs? be specific!
15. How many dogs/other pets have you had in your adult life?
16. Are they still with you?
17. Are they all spayed or neutered and on heartworm prevention if still with you?
18. If so, what are the ages and sexes of any living pets currently with you? BE SPECIFIC
19. Do you show, or have you shown, in conformation?
20. Do you plan to train in obedience or agility or other dog sports?
21.Why do you want a Giant?
22. Will the Giant live in the house as a family member?
23. Are you interested in providing foster care?
( Fostering is a good way to find out if you really want to live with a
24. Can you supply references from breeders your dogs in the past have come
25. Breeder references:
27. Your veterinarian's Name
27a. Name of Practice
27b. Practice Address:
27d. Veterinarian's Phone fax
28. Please provide info on two individuals not related to you who can serve
28a. First Reference Phone
28b. Second Reference Phone
29. Do you own or rent your home?
30. How long have you lived at your current address?
31. If renting, do you have your landlord's permission to keep dogs?
32. Can you provide us with such permission in writing?
Please include a copy of your landlords permission with this application via snail
nail or fax (270-778-7127) with this form
33. May we visit your home and check the references to verify the information
you have provided?
34. If you have never had a pet, why do you want a dog now?
35.Is everyone in your home agreeable to getting a Giant?
36. The Giant Schnauzer is NOT a hypo-allergenic breed and they DO shed. Is anyone
in your household allergic to dogs?
37. Please list your preference regarding:
less than 2
2 to 5 years
over 5 yrs
over 7 yrs
39. Would you consider a Special needs dog?
40. Will you consider something other than your stated preference?
41. Where will you keep your Giant ( please be specific)
41a. During the day:
41b. During the night
41c. During vacations or while you are away for overnight?
42. Do you have a safe and securely fenced yard (well maintained: no loose boards,
no gaps, holes or protruding nails)?
43. How large is the area that is fenced?
44. What type of fencing do you have and how high is it?
45. Do you have a dog door to this fenced area?
46. Are you willing to attend obedience classes with your Giant?
47. Have you ever trained a dog before?
48. What circumstances, in your mind, justify giving up/relinquishing a dog?
49. What circumstances justify euthanizing a dog?
50. What plans have you made for your dog should anything happen to you?
51. Does your family know of your wishes?
Giants are Working dogs with Terrier temperments which results in a high prey drive.
Giants are dog aggressive and will fight, especially with same sex in most cases.
Giants nip when they play as this is a natural herding instinct. This is different than
biting but still needs to be discouraged as many GS like to lay with their mouth and it
hurts. Giants are not larger versions of minis as so many uninformed people
seem to think. If you haven't read our Giant FAQS please do so as part of your
research about our breed. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you for completeing our application. We do check references and by typing your name
below, you attest to the truthfulness of your answers. Falsification of any of the
above information will be grounds to refuse your adoption of a rescued
(If there are two responsible adults in household, each must sign as an applicant).